Take a look at this cool bathroom:
I see at least six great DIY bathroom remodeling ideas in this shot.
1. Easy DIY Paneling – This bathroom achieves a classy level of rustic with the white painted horizontal 1-by paneling. The great thing about paneling like this is that it can be installed right over top of your current ugly wall with ease.
(questions about how to do that? Ask them at my remodeling Q&A section.)
2. Simple Door Casing – If you do add paneling to your walls, you’ll need new door casing on that side. This bathroom uses a simple 1×4 casing with a plain back-band to create a great looking opening even a beginning carpenter-in-training can make good on.
(See more recent posts tagged “Trim” here)
3. Custom Mirror Using Beadboard Trim – Take a close look at that mirror. Then take a close look at that ceiling. See the similarity? They’re the same material. A creative carpenter or designer decided to take some of the ceiling beadboard 1x material and create a picture frame with it. They made it look totally unique by adding an extra piece of trim (maybe a small solid crown molding) around the outside edge. Stain the whole thing rather than paint it and you’ve got a great looking mirror that makes people stop and think: “that mirror is perfect for this room” without knowing why!
(lots of inspiring beadboard pictures here)
4. Speaking of Beadboard – Gotta love that ceiling. Easy DIY project. Just make sure you start in the right direction so you can nail the ceiling in the tongue rather than the groove. Nails in the groove can cause uneven seams between boards.
5. Add Variety to the Floor – I’m not sure my heart is in this one. It’s a cool idea to stripe the floor and it’s easy enough to do if you’re refinishing the whole thing anyway, but I’m not sure this bathroom wouldn’t have looked even better with a one-color floor. I’m thinking the dark would have been better. What do you say?
(Give your two cents in the comments!)
6. Awwwwwesome Cabinet-ish Thing! – OK, so maybe it’s not an easy DIY thing, but you could do it if you really wanted to! And even if you have someone else do it for you, this is one rockin’ vanity base.
Or is it that counter I love the most? Tough call. (
I think it’s concrete btw)
So what did I miss? What do you like best? What would you do differently?